NodeMCU is just like Arduino with onboard Wifi,To know more about NodeMCU visit its official website here.
How to add Nodemcu Board to Arduino IDE
- Download and Install Arduino IDE .
- Goto >> Files >> Preferences and paste following Link in "Additional board manager URL's"
"http://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.json" (Without quotes)
- Then, Goto >> Tools >> Board >> Board Manager.
- Scroll down to find ESP8266 and click on install.
This will add all the ESP boards to the IDE.
Now select the correct board , eg NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module).
Confirm the setting below:
- Flash Size : "4M (3M SPIFFS)"
- Debug Port : "Disabled"
- Debug Level: "None"
- IWIP Variant: "V2 Lower Memory"
- CPU Frequency: "80Mhz"
- Upload Speed: "921600"
- Erase Flash: "Sketch On"
- Port : "COM port available" (where the device is connected should show up)
Now upload your sketch on the board via Arduino IDE